8.18.2009

tuesday stream of consciousness...

loads of random thoughts going through my head the past few days...

*questioning lots of things these days, including my dedication to this blog...i know it's just for me, but seriously, i spend enough time online to drop by and post more than once every 4 months...
*seeing just how totally thrilled Sophia was to begin Kindergarten yesterday made it very hard to feel sad about my little girl growing up...but i was a tad bummed, couldn't help myself. i am her momma after all & no matter what, she's my little sunshine peanut bubba-boo.
*having breakfast shortly with Becca to discuss a potential new opportunity...more about that later.
*witnessing the true power of prayer very up-close & personal lately...
*really wanting to learn to use a sewing machine properly & not be intimidated by changing out the thread!
*missing my SIS girls more than words can say. having met women who GET it, GET, ME...so very thankful. feels like i've known them forever; instant comfort with their presence.
*haven't had much of a mojo since returning from SIS Live, which really bums me out. art area is a DISASTER...which overwhelms me and totally stifles my ability to make stuff. this sucks...
but i do feel like i am emerging from the fog...
*started working out again. always amazed how great it feels. praying i can make the commitment stick. Wyatt is now almost 2 & 1/2, we aren't planning on having more babies, and momma wants her body back. not only for me, but for my family & overall health...
*my dear Auntie Lois & Uncle Peter are renewing their wedding vows in October & i'd really like to trek up to MN to be there...they have been married for 60 some years...amazing.
*wanting to dive into Amanda Soule's new book, A Handmade Home. rushed out and bought it last tuesday when it came out and have barely opened it. now that life seems to be easing up and we will be getting back into the routine that brings summer to a close, i hope to make some more time to devote to reading...

xoxo
a

4 comments:

  1. holy moly. thought you forgot you had a blog. :) Lillian is still very sad that Sophia won't be in her high 5 class. But I'm glad Sophia is thrilled to be in kindergarten. :) hey, could I take a look at your Handmade Home book sometime? I'd love to see one before I run out and buy it like I'm considering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm missing my creative mojo too - perhaps because there is SO much going on at once that I can't focus. And my craft room is currently being used to sort receipts which is SO NOT crafty. And as soon as school starts here I'll be on the workout wagon again, too. It does feel good - especially when my jeans aren't cutting off my circulation! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, but is it dirty emerging? ;)

    ReplyDelete